Blog Week 6

20190213_194756

We made our own glazes, and we’re testing them out using test tiles we made the week before. My glaze is a glossy base glaze, with vibrant blue colorant added to it.

Advertisements

Blog Week 5

We’ve started doing fusion tests this week. I also got one of my pieces bisque fired, so I went and put a clear coat of glaze on it (cone 10). It’ll be fired at cone 6, so I hope that it’ll come out good.

Blog Week 4

Since we missed a day of class due to the extreme weather, I’m a bit more behind than I would like to be. However, I don’t think it will be too hard to catch up, seeing as how I’m almost done scgraffito-ing one piece. The goal is to get 4 or 5 vessels made, but at the moment it’s looking like it’ll be 4 if I want to get them done before the due date.

New Ceramics Blog: Week 1

Since this is our first week back, and my starting week in ceramics 3, I thought I would try my hand at a new batch of clay (cool black clay that I’ve never used before) and make something before I started on my first project. It’s going to be a simple box with a design on it, but I don’t know what yet. I’m thinking of some ideas but nothing set in stone yet.

Week 16: Final crit, part 2.

We’re down to the Monday group, so I got to go today. I have to say, I was pretty disappointed on how my stuff turned out. I had expected to look completely different from how it did. I think that this is due in part to the delay on the cone 10 kiln, so I didn’t get to reference the test tiles I had made when glazing my stuff. In spite of my misgivings and apprehensiveness, however, I was assured that my pieces did turn out visually better than what I thought they did.